Mary J. McCoy Dressel (http://mjdresselbooks.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/the-next-big-thing/) tagged me in this award thing called The Next Big Thing. I’m not really sure what it is or if I’m even doing this right, but here’s my post. I was asked to answer these 10 questions.
1) What is the working title of your novel?
A: Well, I just published Love Claus, and now I am working on Romantic Death.
2) Where did the idea for the novel come from?
A: I wanted to highlight the beautiful part of death. So many things can come when you least expect them and that’s what these stories are about.
3) What genre does your novel fall under?
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
A: Now, this is the one that tripped me up. Since there are four different short stories in this book, that is a lot of actors to choose.
In story #1: His Brother’s Widow, I would choose Ashley Tisdale to play Annie Belladona and I would choose Bradley Cooper for Greg Markham.
In story #2: Bedhead of Roses, I would choose Anne Hathaway for Abagail Woods and I would choose Tom Cruise for Richard Carson. I’m not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, but for this role he would be perfect and if I had to watch him in any role it would be a romantic one lol
As for story #3: Conflict of Attraction and story #4: In the Eyes of the Lord, I can’t pick actors and actresses yet, because I haven’t written them yet… I will update this when I do.
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your novel?
A: From death comes great love.
6) Will your novel be self-published or represented by an agency?
A: Self of course
7) How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?
A: Still working on it, but since I hope it to be done by April, it will be about six months that I will have been working on it.
8) What other novels would you compare this book to within your genre?
A: I don’t know that any other books are similar to this one, but if I had to choose it would be First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
9) Who or what inspired you to write this novel?
A: A lot of loved ones have been lost lately- either for me or friends or just people around the world- and I wanted to show that life can go on after death
10) What else about your novel might pique the reader’s interest?
A: Each story shows what could happen after death, either actual death, close death, death of a loved one, etc. Each story is unique and each character will capture your heart.
I guess that’s my best attempt. Hope I did this right.
I tag and nominate:
Mila A. Ballentine